The Vita Group is taking all of the issues arising from the fast moving COVID-19 situation very seriously. Our aim is to reduce the risk of infection for our employees, customers and consumers and to maintain production through taking sensible and proportionate risk minimisation approaches.
I’d like to inform you on how we have prepared to maintain supply to customers during this time. This information is correct on the date of issue but as you will understand the situation is changing rapidly.
We have introduced measures to minimise the spread of the virus at our sites; this includes:
1. Encouraging everyone who works at our sites to follow good hygiene practices.
2. Restricting entry to our factory area to employees and essential workers only.
3. Managing the delivery of raw materials to reduce the possibility of delivery drivers spreading the virus through standard cleaning procedure
4. Asking our drivers making deliveries to customers to stay in their cab as much as possible once at a customer’s factory; they will not be able to shake hands and will, where practical, stay 2 metres from people on your site. They will be equipped with products to protect against contamination (gloves, mask and/or hand sanitiser, as appropriate).
5. We have asked all employees to follow their local government guidelines on travel; in addition, Vita has ceased all international travel and we are minimising internal face to face meetings.
1. Our raw materials are sourced from a global supply chain and we have several key suppliers who we are working with our teams, to ensure uninterrupted supply. As in normal circumstances, we are constantly monitoring our stock levels and will work to mitigate any impact of movement restrictions via alternative arrangements as necessary.
2. Please be assured that we hold stock of both our raw materials and our full product range; if there are any issues relating to tightness of supply of your product we will contact you to discuss possible options.
3. Our finished products are handled carefully within our facilities and are loaded onto our own logistics companies and customer vehicles in the correct and standard procedures.
We are also proud to be supplying products that form part of the COVID-19 response critical supply chain. We would like to thank you for your business and support. At the same time we wish you and your employees the best of health.
On behalf of The Vita Group
Ian W Robb Group CEO
17th April 2020
Our letter for customers may be found here: Customer Update