Since my last announcement on COVID-19, the situation has developed rapidly. As an organisation, we are taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. I’d like to update you on the activities we have been undertaking since my last communication.
• We have issued guidance to all our site managers with instructions on matters such as visitor entry protocols, delivery processes and business specific contingency planning;
• You will notice around your sites more signage on key things you can be doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19;
• We have been liaising with each of our large suppliers to determine our continuity of supply for key materials;
• We have been speaking with our customers to discuss with them their demand forecasts, the steps we are taking to prevent COVID-19 and how we can make sure they are supplied in the event of more severe restrictions on travel and trade;
• We have been testing the capabilities of our IT networks to make sure that they are resilient enough to cope with high volumes of network traffic, for example, if we require our office/administrative employees to be able to work from home.
This week Monday 16th March we are: • Not permitting employees to travel internationally on business;
• Releasing updated guidance for our site managers with clear actions and expectations on contingency planning;
• Putting up additional posters and information on our sites regarding how to reduce the risk of catching – and spreading – COVID-19;
• Releasing an employee Q&A on COVID-19.
As of today we have had no confirmed cases of Coronavirus for any employee or contractor within the Group. You must follow your local government’s guidance in relation to preventing the spread and containing COVID-19. If you start to show any symptoms of coronavirus, or suspect that you may have come into contact with someone who has the virus, please follow your local government’s guidance on self-isolation and medical treatment and let your manager know as a matter of urgency.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 please contact your manager or our COVID-19 response team at email@example.com
On Behalf of Ian Robb – CEO at The Vita Group